Aromatherapy Blog - Cooling
Posted on 17 August 2017
I know we're all happy to hear summer is on its way! As much as we love going out to the beach and having BBQ's and just enjoying the sun, but summer also means stickness, sunburn and quite often for me it also means migraines, which is always a drag leaving me just wanting to hibernate in the dark. Here's some natural blends that I've put together to help you from overheating and ease the effects of migraines and sunburn.
Here's essential oils with amazing cooling benefits:
- Basil Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Geranium Essential Oil
- Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Lavander Essential Oil
- Lemon Essential Oil
- Lime Essential Oil
- Neem Essential Oil
- Oakmoss Essential Oil
- Peppermint Essential Oil
- Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
- Rose Geranium Essential Oil
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil
Super sweet cooling essential oil recipes:
Red, sunburnt skin? try out this blend.
- 4 drops of Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Geranium Essential Oil
- 1 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- 15mL of Jojoba Oil
Blend all oils together in the bath and it'll ease the skin that has been affected by the sun and leave it feeling refreshed and moisturised.
Do you suffer from migraines that just leave you feeling weak and groggy? Try out this super easy blend!
Just put 5-10 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil in a bowl of hot water. Place your head over the bowl with a towel draped over your head and close your eyes. Inhale the vapours and let them ease the tension of your headache.
Here's a list of other Essential Oil's I like to use:
I absolutely live by this blend! it's so quick and easy to do and it leaves me feeling so relaxed and uplifted, I am able to get on with my day without the effects of the headache weighing me down.
You know when you get sticky and disgusting from the heat and sweating? well this blend is perfect and will prevent that from happening!!
Mix all ingredients together in a small clean bottle and massage onto your skin. Not only will it stop you from feeling sticky but it will also help relieve tension in your muscles leaving you relaxed.
Need empty bottles? Fear not!
Check out my other essential oil blogs here:
- Easy Essential Oil Recipes for Beginners
- How to Use Essential Oils Safely
- Easy Essential Oil Recipes to Help Get You Through the Colder Weather
- Calming & Relaxation
- Increase Physical Endurance
- Meditation & Spiritual Health
- Memory Improvement
- Muscle Aches & Pain
- Nervous System
- Female Reproductive System
- Pregnancy & Expecting
- Relieve Stress & Fatigue
- Repelling Pests & Insects
- Restful Sleep
- Skin Care & Moisturising
* This information is not a substitute for medication / medical advice and is not intended to cure, diagnose or treat medical conditions. Keep away from children at all times.