I confess, I'm always struggling to get out of bed in the colder weather. I just want to stay under the warmth of the blankets, I find it much easier to get out of bed when the sun is shining and it is warm outside!
Did you know there a some Essential Oils that have warming properties? They can bring relief to achy muscles and can be blended to bring warmth to your muscles. The best thing I find about essential oils is that they can awaken your dulled senses and lift your spirits during these gloomy and cold months. I definitely find it a lot easier to get through the winter months with these essential oil and blends.
Here's a few essential oils that hold warming properties that I like to use:
- Black Pepper Essential Oil
- Cardamom Essential Oil
- Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- Clove Essential Oil
- Fennel Seed Essential Oil
- Ginger Essential Oil
- Jasmine Absolute Essential Oil
- Marjoram Essential Oil
- May Chang Essential Oil
- Melissa Essential Oil
- Menthol Essential Oil
- Myrtle Essential Oil
- Palmarosa Essential Oil
- Patchouli Essential Oil
- Rose Essential Oil
- Thyme Essential Oil
- Turmeric Root Essential Oil
- Wintergreen Essential Oil
- Yarrow Essential Oil
My go to blends with warming properties:
Not only is the blend warming and stimulating but it also acts as a great aphrodisiac!
- 3 drops Black Pepper Essential Oil
- 4 drops Patchouli Essential Oil
- 2 drop Rose Essential Oil
- 3 drops Cardamom Essential Oil
- 30mL of Almond Oil
Blend together in a warm bath and let the aroma warm you and ease tension and stress in you muscles.
This blend will help warm up your muscles and relieve the aches and pains of your joints.
Mix all ingredients together in a clean glass bottle shake well. Massage blend into the aching and cold parts of your body. This is a nice easy way to help keep you warm during the winter months.
A comforting and relaxing aroma.
Blend both Essential Oils together in the diffuser and it'll leave you feeling relaxed and refreshed. I find this blend is great for helping me get through the long, cold days.
Need empty bottles? Fear not!
Check out my other essential oil blogs here:
- Easy Essential Oil Recipes for Beginners
- How to Use Essential Oils Safely
- Easy Essential Oil Recipes to Help Get You Through the Colder Weather
- Calming & Relaxation
- Increase Physical Endurance
- Meditation & Spiritual Health
- Memory Improvement
- Muscle Aches & Pain
- Nervous System
- Female Reproductive System
- Pregnancy & Expecting
- Relieve Stress & Fatigue
- Repelling Pests & Insects
- Restful Sleep
- Skin Care & Moisturising
* This information is not a substitute for medication / medical advice and is not intended to cure, diagnose or treat medical conditions. Keep away from children at all times.