Aromatherapy Blog - Make your own cleaning products using essential oils
Posted on 16 August 2017
Hands up if you're tired of buying cleaning products that just don't live up to all the hype on T.V? Or maybe you've become aware of what ingredient they contain that are harmful to your family and your pets? If you spend a few hours on google looking up some of the ingredients on the back of your cleaning products (and their side effects) you'll be left feeling guilty as a parent, that you didn't do your home work :( I know I did. After trialing many natural recipes for natural cleaning products using essential oils. I have identified these as great disinfectants: No more worrying about those nasty ingredients!
- Balsam Fir Essential Oil
- Bergamot Essential Oil
- Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- Clary Sage Essential Oil
- Clove Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Lemon Essential Oil
- Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Lime Essential Oil
- Myrtle Essential Oil
- Neem Essential Oil
- Oakmoss Resin Essential Oil
- Palmarosa Essential Oil
- Patchouli Essential Oil
- Pine Essential
- Rose Geranium Essential Oil
- Rosemary Essential Oil
- Rosewood Essential Oil
- Sage Essential Oil
- Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Thyme Essential Oil
- Turmeric Root Essential Oil
- Ylang-Ylang Essential Oil
Environments that are susceptible to bacteria and viruses, here's a natural disinfectant blend, Essential Oil Mist Spray to Freshen up your Home:
- 65 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 50 drops of Thyme Essential Oil
- 35 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 120mL of Pure Water
Mix all ingredients together in a mist spray and shake well. This mist spray leaves the home smelling fresh and wonderful while getting rid of all unwanted bacteria!
Essential Oil Surface Cleanser, for wiping down surfaces: This is a perfect natural alternative. Ready to use when wiping down surfaces in my house: You'll need an empty 250ml spray bottle to make this.
Not only does it have a fresh and uplifting aroma it is a very effective disinfectant. I use it to clean my benches and even spillages on the floor!
- 8 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- 5 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 8 drops of Rosewood Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Palmarosa Essential Oil
- 150ml pure water
- 50mls isopropyl alchol
- 1 tspn polysorbate 80
Mix all ingredients together in a clean bottle, shake well to mix and store in a cool, dry place.
You can create your own essential oil formulas, just stick to the same amount of drops in the above receipe but swap out the essential oils that are disinfectant essential oils category.
These are my go to essential oils I use when making cleaning products, as they all have amazing aromas and are super affordable when making cleaning products.
Need Empty Bottles? Fear Not!
You'll find my other essential oil blogs here:
- Easy Essential Oil Recipes for Beginners
- How to Use Essential Oils Safely
- Easy Essential Oil Recipes to Help Get You Through the Colder Weather
- Calming & Relaxation
- Increase Physical Endurance
- Meditation & Spiritual Health
- Memory Improvement
- Muscle Aches & Pain
- Nervous System
- Nits & Head Lice
- Pregnancy & Expecting
- Relieve Stress & Fatigue
- Repelling Pests & Insects
- Restful Sleep
- Skin Care & Moisturising
* This information is not a substitute for medication / medical advice and is not intended to cure, diagnose or treat medical conditions. Keep away from children at all times.